This April, fasten your seatbelts as you drive through Scotland’s top attractions and see what makes this country so beautiful and special. This self-drive road trip will take you from the historic capital of Edinburgh, to stunning views of the Scottish Highlands. Admire the scenery and visit ancient graves and medieval castles. Discover beautiful countrysides and relish spectacular seafood with an adventurous crew of travellers!
Touchdown Edinburgh! Say hello to the group of adventurers joining you on the journey as we transfer you to your hotel. Free time for the rest of the day. We recommend spending the afternoon walking through the city, strolling along the Royal Mile and exploring the Old Town and New Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Later in the evening we have an authentic Scottish welcome dinner planned for the group.
After breakfast, it's time we hit the pedal and start road trip driving into the Highlands. On the way we will stop at the picturesque village of Dunkeld, and then head to the 13th-century magnificent Blair Castle, known for its impressive structure. Next: Drive to Cairngorms National Park and take a short break to visit Highland Folk Museum. Later we continue to drive to the Battlefield of Culloden Moor, to see where the last battle on British soil. Stop at the Clava Cairns, a series of tombs and standing stones that pre-date Stonehenge by a thousand years. Spend the night in the Inverness area. Driving distance: 251 kms
- Car Rental
- SUV - Range Rover or Equivalent
- GPS with the route
- Fuel Expenses
- Entry Tickets to all castles & Museums (wherever applicable)
- Travel Insurance is included upto age 59. Extra supplement beyond the age of 59
- Tipping for all concerned people (guide, drivers, restaurants, hotels, representative & etc)
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- All transfers and sightseeing on a private basis
- 2 mineral water bottles per person during the day
- Expert Tour Manager
- Local guide
- International flights or any domestic flights within India
- Visa Visa. We can however connect you to one of external visa assistance team
- Porterage, laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water, items of a personal nature and food or drink which is not part of a set group menu and medical expenses
- Meals and all other services which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check in or late check out
- Optional Tours and activities if any
- Cost of pre or post tour hotel accommodation
- Individual airport transfer & additional transfer required due to any emergency situation or arriving by flight that does not match with the majority of the group
Breakfast - 7
Lunch - 6
Dinner - 2
Accommodation: You’ll be staying at the following accommodation or similar:
- 1 Night at the Novotel or Similar, Edinburgh
- 1 Night at the Columba Hotel or Similar, Inverness
- 2 Nights at the Cuillin Hills Hotel or Similar, Portree
- 1 Night at Alexandra Hotel, or Similar, Fort William
- 1 Night Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel or Similar
45 days before departure: Full Refund
30 - 44 days before departure: 50% of package cost
15 - 29 days before departure: 70% of Package cost
14 days or less before departure: 100% of Package cost
4 pax per car. However, you have an option to upgrade to 2 pax per car
All hotels mentioned in the itinerary are 4 star category.
Outstanding service, very well planned. I went to Bali on my first trip and I got to see every place on my bucket list. Our guide was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, funny, and kind. I cant wait for the next trip. I'm also telling all of my friends about gotyolo!
I travelled with goTyolo to Greece recently! That being my first international trip, I was more than nervous. But the team calmed my nerves and their guidance on pre-travel process was excellent. Visa procedures, what to carry/ what not to carry, travel insurance, currency etc. Folks at gotyolo answer the silliest of questions. Outstanding service!!
Cerner Health Care Dubai
I had gone to Europe to celebrate my anniversary and the services provided by gotyolo were truly exceptional and beyond expectations. Right from the day we landed and till our last day each and every small detail were taken care off. Ramesh who helped us with the booking was constantly in touch with us and made sure that everything was well organized.
Mercedes Benz R&D
Just finished my first trip to Sri Lanka and absolutely loved it. Planning for our next trip to explore Madrid and Barcelona in February. Keep up the good work!